Saturday, September 15, 2012

Comics Roundup for 9/12/12

Got a lot, gonna keep these short:

Avengers Versus X-Men #11 (of 12) - A good issue, and it's pretty much just The Marvel Universe Versus a Cyclops-Phoenix right now.  Thanks a lot, online media, for ruining who dies in this one (on the morning it came out).  But does anybody ever really stay dead?  I believe Marvel when they say that there are no plans to bring Xavier back anytime soon, but it would be silly to think that he'll never be back.

Wolverine and the X-Men #16 - No Wolvie or X-Men in this one, but we learn more about the new Hellfire Club, and it's pretty entertaining.  I sure hope that this series continues post-AvX.

Captain America #17 - Nothing too great here, but a solid installment of a decent story.  Glad to see that Baron Zemo is in this.

Batgirl #0 - This was disappointing only in the sense that I was hoping that it would go more into how Barbara became Batgirl again after being in the wheelchair.  Aside from that, I like her new origin, which is basically what this was.

The New Avengers #30 - Luke Cage is quitting the Avengers?  At least some things surprised me.  I wonder if he'll be out once Bendis leaves the titles.  It would make sense, considering he almost defines the Bendis era of the team.

Batman #0 - We get a pretty entertaining of a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne and his war on crime with this one, and it sets things up for future stories.  I'm intrigued.

Batman and Robin #0 - This one focuses on Damien Wayne, which isn't a surprise. Good stuff, like usual.

Avenging Spider-Man #12 - It's a pretty fun team-up with Deadpool in the series that is better than it has any right to be.  I was definitely entertained, but I'm still hoping for the original writer to come back to the title.

Avengers Assemble #7 - This was kind of a blah issue.  I'm starting to notice a pattern with Bendis's stories.  In one story arc, there will be issues that I really dig and then a chapter or two that leaves me cold.  I guess it all reads better when you sit down and read them all back to back.

Rocketeer:  Cargo of Doom #2 (of 4) - I couldn't remember what happened last issue, so I just flipped through this one.  I'll read the whole story when the last issue comes out.  Looks good and fun though.

No comments: