Saturday, June 9, 2012

Comics Roundup for 6/6/12

Winter Soldier #6 - In this issue, Jason Bourne investigates another who underwent the same procedure...nah,  it's not that, but it is Bucky investigating another "Winter Soldier" type guy.  Pretty good stuff, and it's nice to see Michael Lark on the book.  I think that his style is a better fit with Ed Brubaker's writing.  And as much as I enjoyed the first story arc, this one seems to be even more compelling.

Avengers Versus X-Men #5 - Well, I stupidly read a spoiler for what happens in this issue, so the rest of it left me with no surprises.  That'll teach me.  Basically, what everybody was expecting to happen didn't happen, and now it looks like the X-Men are going to have the upper hand.

The Walking Dead - Volume 16 - I think that this would be a pretty frustrating series to read if I got it issue by issue.  It certainly works well in collected editions though.  Anyway, things are definitely being taken to the next level.  Inevitably, society is starting to take shape yet again, and all the pitfalls and troubles that come along with that are the problem here.  I wonder if Robert Kirkman watched that show that was on a couple years ago that went into what would happen if all the people on Earth disappeared.  This isn't exactly the same, but there are some similarities.  Who's running the nuclear reactors?  Are there gonna be some huge 'splosions soon?

No comments: