Thursday, June 28, 2012

Comics Roundup for 6/27/12

Aquaman #10 - I'm thinking that I need to go back and re-read this entire series, as I was a bit confused as to who the characters were at the beginning.  The second part was decent, but it didn't seem to move the story forward.  Geoff Johns seems determined to create an elaborate mythology for the character, and Aquaman is a logical choice for that sort of a thing, but I'm not entirely convinced that it's working or not.  Considering that Johns has given me seven years worth of good Green Lantern comics, I'm willing to keep going with this book a while.

Spider-Men #2 - This issue has the obligatory superhero fight and reconciliation.  It's entertaining enough, but it doesn't do much to move the story forward.  I still need to get on top of my Ultimate Spider-Man reading, but I like this Miles Morales Spider-Man so far.

Hit-Girl #1 - I would have preferred for this to be a sequel to Kick Ass 2, as that one ended with Hit-Girl's arrest, but this one seems to be taking place during that series.  That's okay, as I'm entertained, as usual, with Mark Millar's writing.  And once again, I'd like to point out that while this stuff works great in a comic, I'm really not sure that I'd want to see some little girl act all this stuff out.

Batman Incorporated #2 - This one's all about Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, and it's a good one.  She's always been an interesting character, but Grant Morrison has added a few new dimensions to her by delving into what the deal is with her mother.  Anyway, once again it's good to see this book back on the stands.

Wolverine and the X-Men #12 - I'm really curious as to how how this whole AvX business is going to end.  I was thinking that by the time it did, there would be no way that Wolverine would still be part of The Avengers.  Now I'm wondering how he can ever go back to being an X-Man after all this, as he certainly isn't endearing himself to his fellow mutants.  Anyway, good stuff, even though Chris Bachalo's artwork is oftentimes needlessly complex.

The Amazing Spider-Man #688 - What if you can change Doc Connors back to his human form, but he's still The Lizard on the inside?  That's the big question here.  Oh, and what if the guy from whom you need help is a "living" vampire?  That certainly complicates things.

No comments: