Friday, May 18, 2012

Comics Roundup for 5/16/12

Winter Soldier #5 - A pretty satisfying end for the first story arc, with a good cliffhanger that makes me want to get the next issue.  Am I the only one who's realizing that Bucky's situation is kinda similar to Jason Bourne's?

Avengers Versus X-Men #4 - Hmm...didn't like this one as much.  After the great bit of tension that built to Wolverine being tossed off a plane into the snow, suddenly everything seems to be okay between Wolverine and Captain America again.  I can see him not necessarily going back to the X-Men, but this wasn't resolved very well.

Wonder Woman #9 - We get a guest artist this issue, but it's still a pretty good read - not quite as shocking of an end as the last one, but Brian Azarello knows how to end a comic with me wanting to see what happens next.

The Avengers #26 - Nice to see them finally do something interesting with The Protector, as he hasn't been doing all that much since he left the Dark Avengers.  Also nice to see Walt Simonson on pencils again.

Justice League #9 - While I'm enjoying this series, I'm somewhat disappointed at the same time.  I figured that Geoff Johns would do the same thing for the League that he did for Green Lantern and is now doing for Aquaman, but I'm not quite seeing that just yet.

Daredevil #13 - As always, not much to say other than this is a fun series.  Nice to see how much DD is interacting with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

The Secret Service #2 - I liked the first issue; this one was pretty good as well.  Mark Millar just doesn't let me down.

No comments: