Sunday, April 1, 2012

Comics Roundup for 3/28/12

Avengers Vs. X-Men #0 - I've been thinking about this crossover lately, and I'm thinking that it's a pretty good idea for one - even though it seems a little too obvious.  Basically, this is something that has potentially been a long time coming, and there certainly is potential for some interesting internal conflicts among the various characters - at least just as much as there was with Civil War.  Anyway, this non-issue for the series was a pretty good read, and I'm hoping that the main series will follow up on the ideas presented in this issue.

Batman:  The Dark Knight #7 - While an entertaining read, this was a bit of a waste of the use of Bane.  He's the type of character who should not just simply be defeated in a bout of fisticuffs.  Also, it's lame to have to tell the reader that Bane is a genius.  Let's see him do some genius stuff, eh?

Daredevil #10 - Not much to say about this other than it's another solid installment of a great series.

Aquaman #7 - Looks like Geoff Johns is creating as rich of a mythology for Aquaman as he did for Green Lantern.  Makes sense considering you have a guy who's the ruler of an underwater kingdom but also has spent much of his life on the surface.

The Twelve #11 - One more issue and I'll actually sit down to read this series in its entirety.

The Avengers #24.1 - The Vision has been back for a while now, but it's good to see this special issue devoted to him dealing with his return.  I must admit that I now believe that an android can cry.

Avenging Spider-Man #5 - I really wish that I didn't like every issue of this series so much, as I'd love to dismiss it as nothing more than shelf-filler.  However, I was entertained yet again with this team-up with Spider-Man and Captain America.

The New Avengers #23 - I don't know much about Skaar, son of the Hulk, but he seems like a pretty redundant character to me.  With that said, I still enjoyed this issue, as everybody loves a good double-cross.

Rachel Rising - Volume 1 - I passed up the first issue of Terry Moore's new series, as I figured it would probably read better in collected volumes.  Well, I can't really compare the two, but this is one hell of a first volume for an ongoing series.  Terry Moore's first series was a drama that dabbled in the crime genre.  The last one was science fiction.  This one's horror.  While it doesn't feel like a retread of other stuff I've read or seen, it certainly does one thing right - leave me with some unsettling images.

No comments: