Saturday, January 21, 2012

Comics Roundup for 1/18/2012

Superior #7 - A fairly satisfying end to a pretty good miniseries.  I'm not sure if Mark Millar plans to continue with this character, but it seems as though there isn't a lot one can do beyond this point.

Daredevil #8 - This was an okay issue, but I have to say that I like the idea of The Black Cat getting involved with DD.  Seems like a pretty interesting match there.

Batman #5 - This certainly was a topsy-turvy, nutty issue.  I'm normally not a big fan of issues where the main character is hallucinating, but Scott Snyder has earned my trust that he'll do something interesting with it.

Avenging Spider-Man #3 - What can I say?  This is a fun series.  It doesn't feel like it has a whole lot of consequence to the character, but it's an enjoying read.

Lord of the Jungle #1 - Is this a Tarzan ripoff?  No.  It's Tarzan.  The story was good; the art was just okay.  Still, I might pick up the next issue or at least wait for the trade.  I read an interview where the writer said that he was looking to stay pretty close to the original source material by Edgar Rice Boroughs.

The Avengers #21 - Nothing special here.  Pretty much just a big fight.  Blah.

Uncanny X-Men #5 - I didn't like this one as much as the last issue, but there certainly was enough interesting stuff going on - particularly character interactions - that kept me interested.  I still don't know if I like the idea of Magneto as a member of the X-Men though.

The Amazing Spider-Man #678 - This was a really fun issue, and I hope that the conclusion next issue can maintain this kind of momentum.

Wonder Woman #5 - The art wasn't as good with the guest-artist, but this was still a pretty good read.  I have to say that Poseidon definitely didn't look like what I might have expected, but they've been doing some pretty interesting twists on the Greek Gods, so it's not surprising that they did something new.

No comments: