Saturday, January 14, 2012

Comics Roundup for 1/11/12

Wolverine and the X-Men #4 - Another fun issue of what's quickly becoming one of my favorite new comics.  Is it just me, or does the new artist's style look a lot like the work of Art Adams?  Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.


Captain America #7 - I was pretty excited for Alan Davis coming on board as the artist for this story arc, but I wasn't that thrilled with his first issue.  This one's a little bit more like it.  I definitely have to say that this series definitely has a different feel to it as opposed to Ed Brubaker's first few story arcs with the character.  This stuff is definitely more mainstream superhero fair - again, not a bad thing though.


Wolverine #300 - I didn't get as into this as I would have hoped, but the intro was a lot of fun.  300 issues?  I remember buying the first one - and I don't mean of this particular run.


Green Lantern #5 - Wow...guess they're going to stick with Sinestro as Green Lantern for the time being.  I'm not sure how they're going to get a ring back on Hal Jordan, but as always, I'm eager to keep reading and find out.


Batgirl #5 - Still one of my favorites of the "New 52".  Barbara Gordon's mom is back.  That should be interesting.


The New Avengers #20 - Is it just me, or has Mike Deodato's artwork taken a bit of a dive?  This was a decent enough of an issue, but he's definitely not doing as good as he did back on Dark Avengers.


The Amazing Spider-Man #677 - We get a guest writer in Mark Waid, and it's going to crossover into Daredevil.  I like the artist, but I'm not sure that it's a good fit for the character.  The storytelling was good, but Spidey himself looked kind of lame.


Batwoman #5 - And yet another fun series from DC's relaunch.  She's definitely an interesting character, and I like how she's being separated from the rest of the Bat-team.  Otherwise, this series might feel kind of redundant.


Batman and Robin #5 - It's a good week for Bat-books, and this was another compelling installment as we get some backstory for the villain as we continue the story where Damien Wayne joins up with a vigilante who's willing to be a bit more ruthless.  Bruce Wayne definitely has his work cut out for him as a father.

No comments: