Sunday, December 4, 2011

Comics Roundup for 11/30/11

Crimson Empire III #2 (of 6) - I finally got around to rereading the original two series, and I'm glad that I decided to pick this one up.  Dark Horse puts out a lot of Star Wars books, and this is definitely one of the better ones.  Kir Kanos is definitely an interesting, non-canonical character, and I'm intrigued as to how his story is going to end.

Wolverine #19 - This was another fun issue, and I'm glad that it's finally starting to refer to some of the pretty earth-shattering storylines from earlier in this series.  Also, this issue sees Logan's girlfriend come back into the picture.  I had completely forgotten about her.  I don't know where she was introduced, but I know that she had a very small part in the first story arc.  If they're going to have her, then I hope that they actually do something interesting with her.

Daredevil #6 - This was probably my favorite issue of this new series.  I liked the explanation of how the villain's powers worked, and even better, I liked how Daredevil was able to defeat him in a way that only Daredevil possibly could.  Oh, and I hear that Marcos Martin isn't sticking around.  Dangit - that guy never sticks around for long.  Hopefully whatever he draws next is something I'm already getting.

Wolverine and the X-Men #2 - I told myself I wasn't going to get this one, but it was a slow week and I'm weak-willed.  Kind of glad that I did, as it was a pretty fun issue.  I'm starting to dig Jason Aaron as a writer, as he seems to be a bit of a toned-down Grant Morrison.  The ideas are crazy, but you can read one issue and it has a cohesiveness to it - unlike Morrison.  Maybe I'll pick up the next issue as well.

Uncanny X-Men #2 - I also said that I wouldn't get this one, and just like with the other X-book, I liked this one a bit more than the first issue.  I remember Mr. Sinister from his earliest appearances, so I'm not too familiar with what they've done with him since.  Still, this is a pretty wacky thing that he's doing in this issue.  Dammit...might just have to pick up the next one as well.

No comments: