Friday, July 8, 2011

Comics Roundup for 7/7/11

Just a few this week:

Fear Itself #4 (of 7) - Not as much happened in this issue, but at least now I have a better sense for what this whole story is all about. The whole point of what the bad guys are doing is to simply create as much chaos and havoc as possible, as the main villain feeds off of fear. That's not too original, but the story is compelling enough. I would have liked to have seen Steve Rogers deal with the death of Bucky a little bit more, but hopefully that will be dealt with in his own series.

Flashpoint #3 (of 5) - This comic gives me hope that if I get struck by lightning while standing in front of a bunch of chemicals enough times, EVENTUALLY I will gain super speed. Aside from that, this was another interesting installment, and we can see how Geoff Johns is setting things up for the new status quo once this series is over - namely having Cyborg as a major character and having the Wildstorm characters being a part of the mainstream DC continuity. Kind of weird seeing Grifter in a DC crossover, but I'm sure that's how people felt when Captain Marvel and the Charlton characters had the same thing happen to them.

Flashpoint: Batman - Knight of Vengeance #2 (of 3) - I'm basically holding off on all of these alternate reality titles, since they probably won't make much of a difference in the long run. However, I got this one for the creative team, and it has a pretty interesting twist. An entertaining read, most definitely.

Batman and Robin #25 - This was much better than the last issue, and I'm glad that I picked it up. It had some good banter between Jason Todd, Dick Grayson, and Damien Wayne. I'm just wondering what the deal will be with Jason Todd after Flashpoint concludes.

No comments: