Sunday, February 6, 2011

Comics Roundup for 2/2/11

Superior #4 - I'm liking this series more and more. I stated the last time I reviewed one of Mark Millar's comics is that the one thing he does right is that each issue significantly moves the story forward. With this one, we get introduced to the villain of the series, and we learn a little more about the mysterious space monkey who gave our hero his powers in the first place. Basically, this is just a riff on the Superman story, but it's got enough original notes to keep me buying it.

The Amazing Spider-Man #653 - I always like it when you pick up a Marvel book and feel like it's a part of a shared universe. The first issue of the new "Big Time" status quo had The Avengers, and this one has the other, "New" Avengers team that Spider-Man's on as well. Plus it's good to see that even though this issue didn't feature the new Hobgoblin, he's still lurking around the subplots.

Hellboy: The Sleeping and the Dead #2 (of 2) - I remember liking the last issue, but I don't remember much beyond that. I guess I need to go and reread it. This issue was serviceable enough, but I'd like to see some more building on the major story regarding Hellboy's ultimate decision that took a center role in some of the past miniseries.

No comments: