Friday, November 12, 2010

Comics Roundup for 11/10/10

The Amazing Spider-Man #647 & 648 - The "Brand New Day" era of multiple writers ends, and the "Big Time" era of Dan Slott as the solo writer begins. Considering that I probably enjoyed a greater ratio of his stories than any of the other writers, I'd say that this is a good thing. Issue 648 sure throws a whole lot of stuff at the wall, setting up all kinds of stories for the next couple of years, I imagine. What's the best part? Hobgoblin's back! And even better, it looks like it's the original. Considering that Norman Osborn, who screwed over Roderick Kingsley, is now out of commission, it's a good time for the Hobgoblin to come back.

The New Avengers #6 - I had a hard time getting into this issue, as I never like those "it's a battle on another plane of existence" types of stories. Considering that I loved the first five issues though, I'm not too worried about it. I'm interested in seeing where this series is going next.

Avengers: Prime #4 (of 5) - Not much to say, other than this was another solid chapter, and it's always good to pick up a book drawn by Alan Davis.

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #6 (of 6) - Oddly enough, this issue seemed to make the most sense out of all of them, and I especially liked how Red Robin determined the best way to revive Bruce from the dead. (Just tell him that Gotham needs him.) There's definitely a lot going on, and I'm going to have to sit and reread every issue back-to-back as I usually have to with Grant Morrison's stories in order to get a better appreciation of what was going on.

Batman and Robin #16 - The Black Hand definitely gets what's coming to him in this issue. Best part? Is it when Batman smashes his face into the glass? Or is it when he slips on the banana peel that The Joker put in his way? Anyway, Bruce Wayne is definitely back, and this sets things up for a new era in the Batman books. I'm looking forward to what Batman, Inc. is all about. I'm just not sure which of the Bat-titles I'll continue to follow. I'll probably check out the first few issues of David Finch's The Dark Knight and I'll definitely get Morrison's Batman, Inc. I'm not sure if I'll continue this title, and I'm not enough of a fan of Tony Daniel to keep getting the main Bat-book. I don't even know what the deal is with Detective Comics right now.

No comments: