Saturday, October 2, 2010

Comics Roundup for...oh, let's say the last three weeks of September

I've been a bit busy lately, so I haven't been keeping up with this. Here's everything that I got since the last time I wrote a Comics Roundup:

The Amazing Spider-Man #643 - 644 - I'm definitely glad that I didn't pass up on this story. It's been a lot of fun what with its mix of villains and simple plot device of Spidey trying to get a baby to safety. The last issue ended with a pretty cool surprise twist, and I'm eager to see where it's all going and how things will pave the way for the next major Spidey arc: "Big Time".

Avengers: Prime #3 (of 5) - This issue brings "The Big Three" back together. It's a fun story, and hopefully we'll get to see them resolve their issues with the last couple of installments.

The Avengers #5 - I have a feeling that Bendis might have been somewhat inspired by Grant Morrison's JLA when writing this. The story is wild, crazy, and involves a situation where you definitely need a lot of superheroes on the case.

The Flash #5 - The plot moves along briskly, and I'm loving the art once again.

Secret Avengers #5 - We finally learn why Nick Fury is up to all sorts of shenanigans. That's because it's not Nick Fury! This was a fun read, and I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Steven Rogers: Super-Soldier #3 (of 4) - Another good installment, and we get to see how Steve Rogers is a lot more than just the super-soldier serum. He'd be a hero regardless.

Captain America #610 - I wasn't too into this the first time I read it, but after thinking about it and going back to it, I've decided that I liked it quite a bit. Baron Zemo is definitely not your average villain, and considering his involvement with the Thunderbolts, it would be silly to simply make him another villain-of-the-month. Also, I'm kind of hoping that they switch the backup feature to a cooler character soon. How about The Falcon or Union Jack?

Nemesis #3 - This issue moves along briskly, and we've basically got a case of a hero and a villain constantly one-upping each other. Let's hope the movie negotiations don't stall the next issue.

Olympians: Athena, Grey-Eyed Goddess - This was ten bucks, and I couldn't resist it because it was about my favorite Greek Goddess. Good artwork and solid storytelling go along well with some slight twists on some classic stories. I learned a few new ones.

No comments: