Sunday, October 17, 2010

Comics Roundup for 10/13/10

New Avengers #5 - I'm pretty much just going to repeat myself if I take the time to write much about this series. It continues to be entertaining, and the artwork is top-notch. Turns out Hawkeye isn't going to be a member, and Spider-Man is confused as to why he didn't get the priority call from the other Avengers team. Wolverine didn't either, apparently. I wonder if the two of them will be sticking around in that series, or we'll just see them in this one. Honestly, as much as I like them being "official" Avengers, I think they work better on Luke Cage's team.

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #5 (of 6) - Like much of Grant Morrison's stuff, I'm sure that this will all be better when the issues are read back-to-back. That said, I still liked this, and I can see how various threads are starting to tie together.

Batman: Hidden Treasures - I got this for the Bernie Wrightson artwork. I suppose on that level it was worth it, but the main story was only okay, and the reprint of a story from Swamp Thing didn't do much for me, as I never cared for that character all that much.

Wolverine #2 - I've always liked Wolverine, but his solo adventures are usually hit-or-miss for me, most of them leaving me cold. This seems like a pretty good story so far, so I'll stick with it, as I'd love to get a monthly dose of Wolverine.

Echo #25 - Supposedly this series will be drawing to a close sometime relatively soon. (How's that for vague?) I hate to see it go, but I think one of the things that makes it good is its sense of direction. I wonder what Terry Moore is cooking up next.

Superior #1 - A PG story from Mark Millar, this was a pretty compelling read, although it doesn't seem to be saying all that much new about the genre, unlike his other offerings. I'll stick around for the next issue though.

Green Lantern #58 - Larfleeze, the Orange Lantern, is becoming a more interesting character all the time, and he's not so one-note as he seemed to be at the start. There's a lot going on in this series, and after Blackest Night, there certainly are a lot of areas to explore with this mythology, what with all the various lantern corps out there.

The Amazing Spider-Man #645 - Again, not much to say, but I'm glad I didn't stop getting this. The art was a bit more stiff in this issue than the past few, but it's good enough to drive the story along. Plus Mark Waid has done a good job of tying in all of these various threads from the past few years of the title.

No comments: