Saturday, February 13, 2010

Comics Roundup for 2/10/10

I didn't go last week, as there were only two books out that I wanted. This week had only two as well, but four books is enough for me to make the trip to the comic book store. Here goes:

Criminal: The Sinners Part Four - I somehow made the mistake of thinking that this was the last part of the story, so I sat down to read the entire series. It's really good, and all of the subplots are starting to come together. However, now I'm going to have to wait a month until the next chapter. Hopefully I won't forget everything by then; however, it wouldn't be so awful having to reread every issue.

Batman and Robin #8 - This issue is a bit less confusing than the last one, and we're finally starting to get some more information regarding Bruce Wayne's supposed corpse. How can there be a dead body when he's supposedly trapped in the Stone Age? And is it looking like Batman's going to have a Clone Saga of his own? Could be...

The Amazing Spider-Man #620 - This was a satisfying conclusion to a pretty decent story. As I've mentioned before, I like the villain and I like the artist. Also, this is building up to something big where Mysterio is going to have a big part to play, so that's good news. Still, they'd better start getting around to the payoff, as it's feeling like they're dragging it out a bit.

Siege #2 (of 4) - This issue was awesome. Where else but in comics can you find Ares, the Greek God of War fight Balder, the Norse God of Light? Plus, toss in a bunch of superheroes and supervillains waging war on Asgard, and then you've really got yourself something. The best part? The last page, where you can see the reflection in The Iron Patriot's helmet revealing Captain America's shield heading straight for him. Bring on the good guys!

No comments: