Thursday, November 5, 2009

Comics Roundup for 11/4/09

Short roundup today, as I only got two titles. Actually, the lovely wifey went to the comic book store (it's next to her dance class) and picked them up for me.



Captain America: Reborn #4 (of 5) - The penultimate issue of this series ends with a "How is Cap gonna get outta THIS one?" situation that one comes to expect from comics. I've been around long enough to not really be wondering whether he comes through triumphant, but I do genuinely wonder how he's going to get out of it. I'm just hoping that it's not some sort of deus ex machina. Seems as though they've been setting some stuff up this issue (and in previous issues) that are hinting towards a resolution. I guess the big question is what's going to happen to Bucky/Cap when this is all over. Let's not kid ourselves - Steve Rogers will be Captain America again, and no doubt he will be the key to ending the whole "Dark Reign" of Norman Osborn. But where does that leave Bucky? Will he be the Winter Soldier again? Nomad? (I think that the "Heroes Reborn" Bucky is taking that role.) Whatever happens, I hope that they keep him around, as he's become one of my favorite characters.



The Amazing Spider-Man #610 - I'm not sure that I can say much about the whole "Who Was Ben Reilly?" storyline that I haven't said before. Overall, this was a decent but not a great story. Still, I think that it was necessary. I don't even know if there are any non-comics fans out there who are reading this, but for anybody who read the Spider-titles back during the clone saga, the Clone Saga will never be forgotten. For the most part, the biggest total naysayers were the ones who didn't even read it at all. Those who did read it seem to feel the same as me (at least those I talked to). There was good and there was bad, and it felt pretty strange to have it end and then have everything just move on like it never existed. This not only acknowledges the whole storyline, but it legitimizes Ben Reilly as a character (and no, he's not back). It was nice to see, but hopefully now we can deal with some newer stories with new situations.

No comments: