Monday, October 26, 2009

Movies in the Night!

As Blog A Day Month starts to wind down, it's time to start looking toward the future. I'd like to say that this whole Blog A Day month was the idea of Scott C. Harris. Bless his heart, he continues to try year after year, despite the fact that I'm always the clear winner. Not only that, but I continue to trounce him every year with Haiku A Day, which starts in November.

Well, it looks like Scott has yet another idea. December will be Movie A Day month. At first, I thought he was suggesting that we watch a movie every day and then write about it. Well, that's crazy, and it's a good thing that he wasn't saying that. Instead, all you have to do is write about a movie every day.

I almost wish that I could reverse November and December, as I'm really looking forward to doing that. I'm also glad that he made that post before I wrote a couple of movie reviews. There are quite a few movies that I'd like to write about, and those ideas are just going to have to swim around until the time comes.

What I really want to do is keep Movie A Month positive for the most part. I'm hoping to have the vast majority of my reviews be positive ones. After all, I'm not a professional critic, so I don't need to have some kind of balance to it. I'd also rather write about things that I like than things I don't like, as I think that the internet is already filled with too many negative types when it comes to things like movies, comics, etcetera.

Don't get me wrong, if I see something that I think is absolute crap, then I'll write about it. The thing is though that I tend to read reviews before seeing a movie, and I usually have a good sense of what I'll like before I see it. Sometimes I'm disappointed, but I rarely leave a film thinking that it's absolute garbage. The last time that happened was with Transformers, and I've already beaten that horse to death. Aside from that, I might force myself to dredge up memories of Bicentennial Man if I feel like writing about movies that I felt were an absolute waste.

What movies do I want to write about? Well, I'd like to write about movies that for the most part got good reviews, yet I still don't have many friends who like them as much as I do. For this, I'm thinking of Superman Returns and the recent King Kong. I'd also like to write about some movies that I think are great, but I don't know many people who have seen them. That topic would cover Pan's Labyrinth and Bridge to Terabithia. I might even tackle some films that everybody gushes over all the time, and yet I'll try and find something new to say about them. I'm thinking Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and Bridge on the River Kwai. Lastly, I'll write about some movies that I don't actually think are good, and yet I love them anyway. That'd be stuff like Blade II, and Predator 2. Too bad I already wrote my Punisher War Zone review.

I just hope that Scott can handle losing at another one of his ideas yet AGAIN.



This "Stan Lee Challenge" is a tribute to The Amazing Spider-Man #63
"Wings in the Night"

No comments: