Monday, August 24, 2009

Ramadan It! - Day 3

Here's a tip for you if you plan on fasting during the day - avoid having too many jalapenos when you finally sit down for dinner. I'll just leave it at that.

Last night I was all set to make the IKEA Swedish meatballs, but then I had a look at the ingredients and noticed the harmiest of harams - PORK! So, they're a no-go. Still, I've got a hankerin' for some, and I can still use the cream sauce and ligonberries from what I understand. I'll be heading to the store soon, as I've found an all-beef Swedish meatball recipe. I'll probably make it tonight.

Yesterday was easier than the day before for the most part. I felt hungry, but I didn't have that gnawing pain in my gut like before. I did start to feel a bit of a headache toward the end there though, and when I finally stuffed my face with some carne con chile, I felt more bloated than satisfied. I even had a little bit of dessert, but I could barely get any down as I felt full much faster than I normally do. And to think, I didn't have any beer with my meal, which usually helps to fill me up. Honestly, skipping the beer has been the easier part of this.

The only modification I'm making today is that I'm going to drink as much water as I want. I think that my headache might have been a touch of dehydration, and that can't be good for me. Otherwise, I'll keep things the same as yesterday.

Oh, and this has made me realize that there's no God but Allah and Zarathustra is his prophet. (See what happens when you don't fully observe Ramadan? You get all sorts of crazy ideas!)

No comments: