Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Olbermann gets it right

I wrote a review of Keith Olbermann's Countdown show some time ago. Basically, I wrote that his show is good so long as you only watch it in small, bite-sized Youtube clips. Other than that, he's pretty much a partisan hack, and even though O'Reilly might deserve it, Olbermann nitpicks away at him (and other conservatives) a bit too much.

With that said though, he really hit the nail on the head when it comes to Prop 8. Anybody who voted yes on it should have to watch this.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Absolutely... I watched this yesterday on MSNBC (Olbermann and Rachel Maddow provide my daily politics fix) and was going to see if it was online anywhere to send to you. You already found!
When you look beyond all of the bigotry, excuses, legal issues, etc that the proponents provide and just reduce down to simple terms as Keith does -- the need to have what others have and to allow for as much happiness as possible -- this Prop seems very illegal. Whatever happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness??...

Weemaryanne said...

I've watched this several times now and had to blink back tears each time. I never expected Keith to be able to do that to me.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Pretty much a ditto for me. I don't know if I've blinked back tears, but I do feel a bit choked up. You can tell that he's really speaking from the heart there.