Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm giving up on Indian food

A couple of weeks ago, I made some yummy yellow Thai curry with chicken. I bought a package of some curry paste and then mixed it with coconut milk and water like the recipe on the package suggested. I hadn't made that in a while, but I quickly wondered why I hadn't, as it was so gosh darned good. (To be fair, it was a little too spicy for Kirsti - but just right for me.)

So, this has brought on an ethnic food kinda mood lately, and I figured that I'd take some of the chicken that I still had in the freezer and make some Indian food tonight - Tikki Masala to be specific. I've tried a few different jarred versions of that particular sauce - with underwhelming results. So, I was hoping that maybe this one was it - the one that finally resembled the yummy, flavorful Indian food that I get at my favorite Indian restaurant.

No such luck. It was el blando. And bland is exactly the last thing you want when you've got the hankering for some Indian food. I figure that unless I learn how to make this stuff from scratch, I'm just going to have to be satisfied with eating it at the restaurant.

Dammit.

1 comment:

Weemaryanne said...

Any spice makes me turn all the colors of the visible spectrum. I can't eat anything more interesting than fruit salad.

Dangit.