Monday, March 17, 2008

Blog O' Dreams

Ever since I started therapy, I've been having a lot of vivid dreams that have been filled with all sorts of symbols that have really stood out in my memory. These are all brand new dreams, as I often have reccuring dreams.

One of the recurring ones is that I still work part-time at Safeway (a job that I quit when I was nineteen). I will show up every now and then and work the odd shift, and then it'll hit me that there's no reason for me to be there, as I have a career now.

Another one is that I still live with my grandmother in the city like I did when I went to College. Not only that, but the new inhabitants are in the house and they want me to hurry up and leave.

My therapist told me that these are "failure" dreams, as those two things definitely represent a feeling that I haven't been as successful as I think I should be. Makes sense.

Anyway, I've actually started a blog with my dreams. It's more for me, but any amateur dream-sleuths out there are welcome to check it out and tell me what they might think it all means. You can find it at http://lancedreams.blogspot.com .

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Lance, I am amazed how you can remember your dreams so clearly, I think this is highly unusual.
I dream several dreams every night but by morning I forgot, unless it was an extremely scary one, or one where I met people that I don't even know and liked them so much that I feel sorry I never see them again.
I have several dreams I dream often, one is that I am driving in a car but the break doesn't work and I drive over everything in the way, and one where I try to dial a phone number and just can't get it right.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

These are dreams that I tend to have inbetween Kirsti's alarm and my alarm. It's because I wake up in the middle of them that I remember.

I've had the dreams about my brakes not working as well. In the dream, I'm telling myself that's what I get for not having them fixed.

As for dialing a phone or reading things, you can't do that when you dream. It's because you dream with the opposite side of your brain that you recognize numbers and letters.